Thursday 11 June 2009

Food, Fun, Frolic... It's Frikkin' far!

A very long time after my last post, I chose to write again... But even as I start typing, I notice my fingers have become stubbier and my shoulders have broadened a bit. The highly overdue change in diet came on the 13th of May and ever since, my body has been greedily accepting everything that was being fed to it! Albeit putting on a couple of kilogrammes, I wouldn't call myself flabby; forget 'fat'! Just 'healthy', maybe... And then I wonder how I looked before I got here.

Multitudes of chocolate, regular doses of caffeine, some marmalade sandwiches, truffles, souffles, croissants, doughnuts, Bagels and very authentic and delicious local cuisines later, I wonder why I would ever go back to R-land! Even that dreadful drink at Costa in Terminal 1C at Delhi had tasted heavenly then! Why, I think the 'fodder' (so say the labourers who eat there) they provide us with at my intern is way better than Friday special at the mess!

My intern is going pretty well and coming to think of it, I'm actually learning stuff. But more interesting than visiting the Vacuum Distillation Columns, I've met some pretty decent people (not as interesting as the people Jetty has made 'friends' with though) out there who really make it worth travelling 90kms everyday! The travel is hell on Earth, I assure you. Now that I have trudged through the first 10 days, I'm looking forward to the next 15 to fly by.

Actually, it's been keeping me busy off late. Initially boredom filled my heart and I wished I hadn't left R-Land and all... But then, my Other Life kicked in. School friends, the intern, T20, movies, family, holiday trips and more friends have made it much more interesting. Even the weather has gotten a lot more pleasant now - not that humid. And yet, a spur-of-the-moment decision made me tell the barber, "Yeah... Shave of the hair." The rest, as they say, is history. Ksp and Dela have company. 

I've found a lot of time to myself too, these holidays. All Virgos enjoy time to themselves. Time for retrospection. Time for planning. Time to think... I've done all that. Retrospecting the past few years of my life has made me happy in general and the 'few' drawbacks will be addressed by my future plans! I've also had time to get back to writing (though, not posting) poetry, stories and random texts...

I appreciate Real's urge to reconstitute the Galacticos though I think it's sheer madness. Once bitten - twice shy, I'd say. They don't think so. Last time so many stars got together, they flopped after one season. Only time will tell.

Hope everyone is having as much fun. Cheers!

LATE EDIT: The world is NOT a wanna-be! At least not here, not now... For the record: I adore Dosais, Vadais (note the spellings) and Rasam rice among others!


8 comments:

  1. You go to Madduland and gorge yourself with marmalade sandwiches? Sigh.

    Why is the world a wannabe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upload your picture Kondy. Before the hair grows back. And you lose that flab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dela's comment floods me with thoughts of delicious hot rasam, that tinge of ghee, mixed with hot rice, and potato chips with it, yummmmmm... here i am in iit powai, eating mess food, that feels like sh*t compared to the modest R-Land mess food...

    and kondy, thanks for the company upon becoming flabby! I aint alone now :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ M'gay-lord,

    Yeah... Maybe I should.

    @ theballadoftheillusionedmathematician (whew!),

    Ya, Rasam-Sadam is great; one of the treats I eagerly await when I'm stuck there in Roorkee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dooood...(yea, that's the new Jettier/cooler word)
    When I meant friends, I meant friends, jackarse!
    truffles, souffles, croissants, my arse!
    You think twice before buying a patty in ganga canteen, for god's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jetty,

    Sad to see u've gotten jettier! And btw, go to hell...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baster jus cos ur still single doesn't mean u need 2 feel bad abt calling urself "virgin" like it actually is. "virgos" my arse. im a virgin even after i lose it, and im proud of it. mature women dig virgins so i won't be lying when i tell them i am :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ani,
    What?? Who sayd I feel 'bad' about it?! But 'Virgos' suited the place real fine! you mite jus get confused otherwise :)

    and i don't care what women should think - coz there's no changing my zodiac anyway!

    ReplyDelete