Wednesday 22 July 2009

The Inebriated End...

My mind was spiralling away... Thoughts skidded through at breakneck pace. My life, and more importantly the past two months, flashed in monochrome. I felt like I had been hit by a Humvee or worse, a hangover which had turned uglier than usual. The things I have done and the things I should have... The colours ebbed away and I felt my life wrung out; drained of hue... Everything was turning black and white. The last stoke of green and droplet of red were moving away, just out of my reach... I forced my eyes open, conceding to the end - what had been two lovely months was just inspiring its last great gasp.

The black was replaced by a blob of brown and some pastel shades of green and yellow. A cuboidal white entered the periphery of my vision. I squeezed my eyes until they watered and resigned to my new, yet familiar, life. As I looked past the globular rubber brown, the strange smelling pastes of yellow - I saw my own face. Strange property of light - this reflection. You see yourself; yet it isn't you. I saw myself shades sadder; mournful - a face feeling relegation. Or was it true?

It was then that I realized that I had been staring at the rotis and urghh... dal on the quintessential stainless steel. I observed the vanilla melt. The reflection was actually my face. I was back here - it was no nightmare. I have oft longed to return to Roorkee but today - the great demise - wasn't one of those days. It was a day I also realized that one half of my engineering life was over and the secong innings had begun! It was the day I finally decided that it was time to witness in awe the great wonders of true - Solani.

The putrid odours soon were in the past. The bizarre nighmares were forgotten. It is a new life, yet old, and I am back... It wasn't long before I recognized my love for this insti yet again. And how lucky the insti is to have people such as us! I love this place once more. It's good to be back.

Vive L'IIT.

9 comments:

  1. gr8 one.......two things da(u know how i use da)u need to check an opthalmologist and this post oozes with the beauty expected from a one inebriated(with boredom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown, yellow, green- what are you really thinking of? Dear lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ PiSRA,

    Thanks. An opthalmologist? Did I not perceive something correctly? Anyway, this post seemed a lot more beautiful when I wrote it, than now... Guess such things happen.

    @ Muud,

    You know... The stuff we get in the mess. And good to FINALLY have you on the comments column.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah! fuh-nee!
    also one should not eat so close to one's plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Prachi,

    True true... I have consciously started distancing myself from the edibles.
    P.S. Nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very similar feeling here too Anirudh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ PPT,

    Oh Yes. That seems to be the general consensus. But still I say, "It's good to be back!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your arbitest post yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dela,

    Yes, I know... It's good to be arbit, after such a wait!

    ReplyDelete