Saturday 9 January 2010

Root of all Evil...

Cognizance has tried hard. But cannot absorb me completely.

A day after I posed questions like "How many hours can you spend in the Cognizance office", "How do you propose to manage some ten things together" and associated interview-standards, I ask myself the same. January first saw the Winter viruses finally vanquished, as my body cooled to more acceptable temperatures. Ever since, it has been hell.

A month ago, I'd have laughed - had anyone told me I can make myself busy and place that strange 'red dot' against my status. I'm afraid my worst fears have been realized. While thoroughly enjoying the process of 'search-call-extort', I am finally beginning to see the other side of things. Those unending hours of velaness have all been killed in one powerful, crushing blow. No longer do I play PES endlessly. I don't listen to music for the sake of listening to music. I sleep as soon as 'work' gets done. The frequency of my trips up and down Mount Library have more than doubled. Why, I am no the longer omnipresent Green I used to be, on GTalk!

After a long time, I have managed to spend four-hundred rupees on a monthly phone rental at 50p/min, and I'm not too glad about it. While the wonderful warmth of the Cogni - radiator remains one of the few reasons which make me glad to spends nights and days there, the thought of negotiating that cold kilometer more than makes up for it. I still enjoy the task of Sponsorship - which, according to me, is the next best thing to Writing. Nevertheless, I have been severely chastising myself for ignoring my beloved blog for so long. Incidentally, it turns two, today! Happy birthday blog! May you stay healthy and live long.

I've got a phone call to make. Over and out.

8 comments:

  1. Weirdly, everyone I see these days has almost become like Phoebe Buffay in the One that Could Have Been (and i believe this episode could have been way more fokki! ).
    Well, I love the wonderfully weird way in which Phoebster answers phone calls in this episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spend 21 rupees and get the 1paisa/sec scheme. Or switch to a DOCOMO number and embrace the several wonderful offers they have just for busy people like you.
    Happy Anniversery, dear Geenius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous! It's wonderful to be busy like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The internet is so bad I am not even able to comment!!

    @ Raghav,

    I don't think I remember that one... But I can well imagine ol' Phoebe on one of those calls!

    @ mK,

    As beguiling as that sounds, I'm going to have to pass. I don't think Docomos and Rs can do much good for the Jedi.

    @ Mohit,

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Prachi,
    I'd gladly swap places with you!
    As for your offline views, I agree. It alarms me too. A random post like this gets 5+ comments. And something I put so much effort into - my magnum opus of nonsense poetry - struggled to get off the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Kondy

    That's why you should never over-estimate the intake capacity of the readers of blogerville. Keep things simple and keep your counter ticking. I've lived through it and I know - shit sells more than the hot cakes !

    And your magnus opus of nonsense poetry was delightful, if that pleases you now (and if that still counts)

    ReplyDelete