Saturday 28 August 2010

The Photo Post: Campus Shining

Another one passes by and just like in three previous years, it went by so fast I cannot believe it has. Many have spoken the evergreen truth, but none more than yours truly, that Poly is in fact one of the most insanely unproductive occupations on campus. But being true to the 'Great Hypocrite' tag which I have won myself through persistent and determined industriousness, I decided to give Poly 2010 a shot, after having been egged on by none other than our pin(k)headed friend.

The past few weeks have allowed me to fully appreciate the definitions of a plethora of words: n00b, rookie, newbie, fresher, fledgling, idiot etc. After spending hours at night trying to distinguish the no-good from the competitors and the kings from the jackasses, only to rethink our conclusions the very next day, we were often filled with an inexplicable feeling of unbounded awesomeness which we sometimes confused with a lack of sleep.

The elections of 2010 have finally come to an end for most of us while it is just a beginning for those willing to go that extra mile in proving that unproductive hobbies can go a long, long way. And having exited from such a unique wing which threw in seven candidates for the title of 'Councillor', I end this post with the feeling that I came so close to saying - "Maine banaya!"

THE ELECTIONS IN PICTURES:

There were ambigrams and colourful banners sporting a gazillion names, but one of the most eye-catching posters was of this "Maslow"-esque pyramid.

I wonder if the bloke reached self-actualization?














Cartoons from my own wing-mate... Creativity reaches a new high.

Damn, we ought to have a lot more of these elections... And we can scrap the 'Fine-Arts' section.











The face which launched a million votes.















This was the rope outside the mess which was initially used to put up attractive campaign posters!

What ended up attracting us, though, was TOI's page 2.












Haha! Another punny one!

12 comments:

  1. Now if you had been wise enough to shed those political aspirations at the very beginning and become an election reporter instead, you'd have been *actually* famous by now.

    Its IITR da, the best man (not necessarily you) lost. Cheers and nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you leave out all the juicy details. The entire experience is worth writing a book upon. At leas provides one with an insight into how the human brain works (especially the matka kind!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't get it how this puppet thing works, but. Blah.
    Sadly the reverse psychology idea didn't materialise, it did work on me though. Yes, I did vote for you.
    Nice Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post I understand and I so do not!
    I wish I did though...Girls' poli is saaad!

    No posters, no slogans or anything witty( or pathetically humourous) for that matter! Sigh!

    All you get are those small flash cards scribbled with multiple coloured sketch pens. Only this year, the cards got bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Shreyas,
    I now have the benefit of hindsight. And as a certain Mukhi put it on FB, I analogize -
    "Going after a pretty chick is a great thing... Because you come out richer with a beautiful girl or by an experience."

    @ Pin(k)head :) ,
    Matkas and brains, my dear pinky... You've caught yourself in a conundrum.

    @ Vishnoi,
    Congrats on making yourself the first of your year to comment in this holy space. (I'm a terrible narcissist as you will find out, if you haven't already)

    As for the puppet thing, you get it once you are inside the system... for then, with fear comes understanding. I got 19 votes!! Woohoo, danke.

    @ Prachi,
    I pity you... But then, you were Madam Poli in year numero uno. Poli is glorified nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kingmaker_Malhotra29 August 2010 at 02:35

    n00b campaigning it was.The only indication that you were in the poli-basket was the ballot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ PTV, Yes you were... And I exemplify that presence in this PTV-esque photo-post. Two years from now, god knows what you'll see in R!

    @ Malhotra, Oye, I withdrew before that... Pacts were forged... My position was only to be used as leverage, in negotiating for a Councillor's post. (It sounds awesome when I say it that way)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did not win, I suppose.
    Good. Really! It saves you a lot of hassles.

    For one, I get calls from random numbers in the wee hours in the morning.

    *Tragic*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vote for Jackie the monkey. His motif majestueux reads Kela. Sounds way cooler than your incredibly inane Maine Banaya, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baster, I could've done with a Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anunaya, Yes! Good that I didn't win! But it sounds funny coming from you :) Go big, young one!

    @ mgay, Jakie the monkey obviously would top any list of mine... But don't you dare belittle "Maine banaya". You clearly don't know the history of the phrase... *Hands moving puppeteer style*

    @ HHH, Thank you, da :) You were in my post, but for a late-edit!

    ReplyDelete