Friday 8 October 2010

Long Walks

The end seems near and I invite it closer. The trees fall behind giving way to more as my feet work assiduously against the floor. The street-signs fade along my peripheral vision, disappearing into my immediate past, mimicking the behaviour of the dazed grin which inhabited my face not too long ago. I am walking along a lonely dark road.

The culmination of the long trip seems closer now. It is always better to walk with a goal in mind than to wander aimlessly through the many unexplored paths of this world. It isn't half as exciting, but it's a soothing experience: knowing that the end isn't too far away. (No guessing is involved.)

There was once a time when I didn't know what to do with my hands when I strolled down a lane... But those times are forgotten now. My hands don't feel awkward dangling by my sides as I walk. The same, however, cannot be said about my head.

Questions crowd my mind as I continue walking. The dazzling brilliance of the final destination is clearly visible now. But new ideas continue to sparkle intermittently like the stars of the infinite sky which overwhelm me every time I set foot under the shroud of Night. Questions demand answers and statements beg to be questioned. The universe is too vast. And I continue walking.

My legs are pumping battery acid now. The end seems close. The questions are too many. And I am fatigued. The End now acts as a magic bullet, putting to an end the misery caused by a thousand-odd steps. I'd love to answer those questions. I'd love to endure the experience... But that'd have to wait until another day. I hit the bed with stupendous force, hard enough to knock myself out into sweet oblivion. I am tired. And I wouldn't mind walking some more...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah...the dreams you get after such...let me call it an experience...are awesome.

    Can be really surprising...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anunaya,
    Bravo? Oh well, whatever that means... :)

    @ Prachi,
    Dreams?? I usually value clear sleep. But then, why'd you object to happy dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I have realised from my experiences is that asking too many questions will only take you farther away from the answer. And falling asleep is perhaps the best escape possible from one's travails.
    Such posts serve the purpose of intriguing the reader, apart from acting as much needed fillers in between two posts that will be of some actual consequence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PSR:
    Bhaiyya Gaon se upar tak chalke aoge to yahi hoga na.

    ReplyDelete