Wednesday 4 June 2008

The Incarcerated Mind

Ahhh... The long expected and longed-for sem-break is here... Wonder why I don't care about it any longer. I've never agreed with - 'Good things come in small packages'; I've always thought, to quote a friend - 'Better things come in bigger ones'... But as the seconds crawl by to form big minutes and the minutes gradually develop into hours, I wish my holidays were shorter!

Yesterday, college reopened for some of my friends after a 6 day summer vacation! Well thats torture for sure, but this is too... Two and a half months to kill and I wonder why the year was made with 12 months... Well, Ludlum can keep me busy for a few days, but not even the best libraries of the world can save me from the inevitable- I've been sentenced - Death By Boredom!

For long, I've been fighting to maintain my agility - not physical, I've ruled out that possibility (Jogging in the mornings is too strenuous and playing football in the evening is unimportant when compared to lazying around at the beach); it's mental agility that I'm concerned about! Long has gone the time when Yudhishtra said - 'The human mind is the fastest thing in the Universe', I proudly boast of having the slowest mind... So much so that I'm worried that when asked my name, I'll begin with - 'Du...uh...'... Of course, 'it' is bloody brilliant at times, often gushing with ideas, its full of poems and stories and ways of solving the oil crisis! And so, with a pen and paper, I sit down to write down these brilliant fabrications of mine and >>>>
BLANK... The creativity is gone and I'm dumber than ever... This has happened twice so far and I was determined never to let it repeat. Desperate times call for desperate measures

- I'll never feel dumb again - I'll never touch that pen and paper again!

Later that week, I was watching the NDTV interview of Jeffrey Archer. He was apparently telling us what it takes to be a writer - I always imagined writing to be spontaeneous and instinctive art. Instead, he says that he's got it all sketched out - 2 hours in the morning, then a break before another two hours. Then two hours in the evening and 2 at night! Well, if it takes all that, I resign!! The damn man has the whole thing planned. But who blames him, writing is his job. I ain't gonna do that the whole day!

But I've not lost hope, in fact I've hoped for so much that I ended writing a poem on 'Hope'... Guess I'm not as bad as I thought. Perhaps, there is a chance to realize these dreams and develop a greater vision. But for that, I've got some serious 'mind-freeing' to do...
Anyone, see Neo??

8 comments:

  1. Did he really say that? Man, it ain't no exercise, man...
    Also, I guess if there's any great 'mind-freeing' exercise, it's gotta be writing itself...Just pick up a pen (or a pencil) and paper (or just the laptop!) and let your power (a la Issac Mendez) take over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    Good to see you here. Nice post. Keep it going.
    You live close to the beach, eh? Lucky fella. The only water body close by here is... umm nothing.
    And you're a Chel$ki supporter?? How the mighty have fallen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Murty
    Ahh yes... He did say that and my opinion of him has dropped several notches since. I agree pen-and-paper is the way, but definitely not the laptop. With great barriers and distractions (in the form of CS and Rise Of Nations), the mind is captivated again.

    @ Saagar
    Thanku... And ya, i do live near the beach. But believe you me, its nothin special... (Guess u miss things wen u dont have them) Ah yes, only the Chelsea fan was pained when the better team lost the match...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good post...Keep up the good work....I read your posts quite intently since I need to copy stuff from here and there.....and your blog is truly brilliant a source for the meat!

    Anyways, what you have added is a "Link List"....it only shows which blogs you read....There is another page element called "Blog List" that also shows you when fellow bloggerheads update their blog. Replace it. Have a look at my or Murty's blog.

    That's all dementor...i mean the demented Wimp has to say about that!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. some times it seems I'm living in a two dimensional time world. In one rime dimension, I'm extremely bored and wanna get back to Roorkee, and in the other I'm in utter shortage of time, as I have hundreds of movies to watch, hundreds of novels to read, so much places to visit, so much guitar to play all day long, and so much edc shit to do...and I still can't find time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chel$hit supporter?

    What? How? Why? When? Where? (the last 2 might eem irrelevant but just thought I'd throw them in too)

    And how can you mention Besi beach without sparing a word of praise for the heavenly molaga bajjis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Vikesh,
    Though Murty will strongly dissaprove of that comment (seeing his anti-plagiarism drives), but knowing that you have acknowled my superior writing skills, I encourage you to continue commenting on the same note.

    As for the blog list, I've changed it.

    @ Amit,
    I know man... When your in college, you wish for the hols and now that I'm here, I wish to be back in Roorkee soon!

    @ Dela,
    Chelsea forever man... Even the best teams have their bad moments. We'll be back...

    As for the molaga bajjis, I ain't a gr8 fan of those, especially after gettin stomach upsets after eatin in one of those stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi.......boss
    let me pray to the almighty that this process of "mind-freeing" continues

    ReplyDelete