Tuesday 10 March 2009

Deja Vu - Nevermore?

Yellow and Purple all around
Colours - Plentiful and abound
Last time green, this time red
Colours splashed o'er my head.

Faces smiled, but numbered few
And I remembered, nothing new
The same visage, year on year
No one to see, nothing to hear.

A festival of colours made merry
By nought but a few, few very
Not that people lacked spirit and joy
They'd sailed away - 'Home ahoy!' 

A year had passed with nothing changed
Deserted wings, I felt estranged
RJB before and Cautley now
I ne'er realized, I do now.

This desolation set me thinking- 
With the greater desertion, I was linking...
The inevitable exodus, soon will come
Taking all, leaving not even some.

'Two years passed into my stay in R
I already feel I've travelled too far
Only two more springs will I see
From R-Land; then I'll be free.'

These were the thoughts I pondered upon
As I left for the Bus with a frown.
Exactly then, as had happenned prior
HHH consorted me to SpiceJet's Flyer.

All along the way, scenes we'd seen
Dialogues different, but we'd already been
This exact same way, heretofore.
Two more years, then no more.

My mind walked... back to R
People are leaving, voyaging afar
People known, younger back then
We'll see them, we know not when.

One journey ended, the other's felt close
Alighting the bus, we took the roads
Now, even my words did echo
What I quoth a year ago.

A Deja Vu; strong, profound
Unleashing those feelings bound
To R-land and associated places
To their people; well known faces.

The journey ended, dismounted we
People noticed some colors on me
Last time green, this time red
Colours splashed o'er my head.

I'd finally decided to enjoy the time I had
Colours were here - nothing to be sad
Last time green, this time red
Colours splashed o'er my head.

Happy Holi Everyone


              A key for non-'R'ians:
      RJB: A first yearite hostel where we spend one year (atleast).
      Cautley: My abode now
      HHH - A person
      SpiceJet (for clarity's sake) - A low-cost New Delhi based                        airline service. 

13 comments:

  1. Classy poem Anirudh. Really classy.
    Don't be too nostalgic now. You've got plenty of time left. Enjoy it. Leave nostalgia to us old hats.
    Good poem once more. Keep it up.
    And happy holi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lefty

    Thank u. I'm honoured :) Ya, I realized I've got a bit more time left; that's how I got rid of the senti feelings after a while. Happy holi to u too. and thanks agn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilli-aunt poem, da. But I'm left unimpressed by the key!

    Anyway, don't they say? ANy publicity is good publicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, da. Hmmm, i thot of mentioning a lot more... but then, i realized that those ppl who know u (and the things tht you do) already got an overdose :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilli-aunt!
    At last, something worthy of the special treatment I give your blog over the others(Nothing more than giving it a read :D)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HHH: a person? That was all you could come up with?

    Nice poem nevertheless

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jetty

    thanks a lot! messa overwhelmed :) (whatever it may be)

    @ Dela

    I found myself searching of words to describe The Man - and finally i gave up!
    Thanks for the compliment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. The poem really touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks dude.... And I think it's about time you restarted blogging. (Even if it is not Part 2)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant yes... classy yes.... nostalgic yes.. even though its a little early for the season, senti is clearly in.. keep up the good work!

    P.S. : Last time you were senti for a totally different reason. I am yet to see that being mentioned here in ur blog posts...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks dude... And yes, those reasons for being senti will come thru soon, especially after certain disturbing recent developments...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant!
    Though try to save these emotions for your fourth year...given the way you are going, you will be copiously crying by that time!
    But honestly, it is a sentiment echoed by almost all of us here...irrespective of the year they are in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!
    Ya, I will try to... But I doubt if I will end up that way. In fact, its better not to bottle these up, and get them out then and there. As for the sentiment, I guess its not only branch irrespective, but insti irrespective as well!

    ReplyDelete