Thursday 2 April 2009

TSs come and TSs go... but jobless we remain forever

I’ve been working off some of the backlog lately – remnants of a bygone age, unnecessary and yet compulsory. I still remember that day. Semester 3 (2-1), it was. Those were the days when I was still young and reckless, grabbing at everything I could see, constantly ending up with a lot more than I could handle. But that was also the age when my evangelistic avatar was willing to accept the burden and work towards its culmination…. But all that was back then. Now, I lack the zeal and vigour to take up those challenges which I’d have been more than happy to take up back then. I lack the force to back some of the claims I make...

As I was saying, it was one of those overenthusiastic days when I accepted my first “job” in IITR  from Rockstar (no, not 'Wha') who promised us (which would be Pinkster and me) great monetary reward in return for our commitment and hard work. Realizing that it was a good way to make a fast buck and since the ‘job’ involved editing (which I (we) love doing), we plunged headlong into the trap! There began my (not our) woes… I never realized that editing could be so monotonous and irksome! Actually, the fact that I’m still normal after those 100 odd clones, which they call articles, mystifies me. They all involved Horosopes, Love-o-logy etc… yes, I too thought they would be interesting at first but then after learning all the signs of the zodiac like the back of my hand, I beg to change my opinion.

For example, I can now tell you that because lion denotes king (or queen), Leos need lots of worship and compliments in order to be sure they're loved and admired and authority is what they seek etc. and I realize that I can lecture Sybyl Trelawney on divination. Maybe the experience would have been slightly better had I completed my work in time (which the Pinkster easily managed), which was due last semester, but the experience would have still barely fallen just short of ‘sad’. The fact is that the work got buried and it was only weeks (or months, was it?) of joblessness later, just when the TSs are around, I am told to get the work done ASAP (as always, more of S and less of P).

I begin: ‘The Virgo – Cancer Relationship’, I read… Ahh yes, Virgo, my sign! Maybe this’ll help me, I think at first. But sifting through the wads of pages, I emerge dazed, confused and unenlightened, uninspired… Virgo with Virgo, Libra and even Leo had gone by – I felt numb. Those tips, I had sought for, had deserted me even as I realized that the key lay not in the stars... That quantum of solace had eluded me! Facebooking relieved some of those stresses and strains (which according to MT-201, are quite different) as it told me that I was among the 1000 best minds in the world and that I was an 'Exponentiation Function' when expressed mathematically…. I also realized that it was the first of April and that something was needed with immediate effect - something which would liven the gloom and unbury the ghissus from their piles of books. My actions, the world knows now. For those who don’t know (and for those who do), visit www.jettyman.blogspot.com (and comment)…. The world laughed and hence, April first was a great day.

Feeling good, I would have gone on to ghiss… but slumber nabbed me when I was still in the process of devising the greatest quiz ever (it will be out in open market soon). Second of April was into its after-wee hours when I got back to my senses. An average day has ensued, but it is only towards the end that I have realized that I actually begun to like ghissing after a long while…. Immediately recognizing the weirdness (eeriness, actually) of the situation, in an attempt to remedy it, I sat down to write this post.

P.S. I really appreciate Jetty for having taken the blog in the right spirit (but it was classy, you ought to admit to that).

P.P.S. @ The Moustached Marvel, contrary to your requests, I don’t think I’ll mention Ms. Adjudicator ever. Beautiful as she was, she’s really not worth a post; an entity of the past.

P.P.P.S. @ All, Thank you all for the compliments for the other  (it’s no longer only for SHE ) blog. I recommend that everyone do something of greater scale next Fool’s day. As they say, add a li’l chaos into those normal, normal lives! 

And continue commenting (on that); we need to beat all blog records!

13 comments:

  1. Articles on the zodiac? What was this all about? You should've called me- I happen to be amazing at zodiac signs, and the Virgo-Cancer relationship is one of my specialities- me being one of the latter. Thanks for the heads-up on Leo, btw. I could do with more on the other (no italics) water signs, though; they're the only ones I'm weak at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ HHH,

    They were a classy set of some 100 articles (5 still remain) dealing with all combinations in the zodiac... From Aries-Aries to Pisces-Pisces. As for the water signs, I'd be more than glad to help you out there - You are a Water - Cardinal urself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zodiac, do u even believe in this stuff?(in which apparently HHH is amazing, believe it!)
    I'm indeed honoured(yeah,yeah...you know how I feel) to have a blog written by(on?) me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Maddu-Mallu-(fake and wannabe)Haddu,

    Of course, zodiac is to be trusted! After all, people have believed in it for long enough. (and HHH supposedly sucks at Water (What, u'd ask) signs)

    Honoured - now, are you really? I can post again if you want :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @maddu-mallu-haddu
    I warned you against taking this as an honor..... the post was supposed to mock you (remember the date) but if you feel so much honored in being the center of mockery then I would love to read another post..... "Lagey raho Kondybhai!!":P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ the anonymous dude,

    No, it was just a bit of fun... Never meant to mock anyone really! I don't think there'll be another post on that blog... phir bhi main lagey rahoonga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @anonymous coward,
    Mockery it was, but as I said, some pple need to give in to light up our dull lives!

    @kondy
    yeah! we all know. It was never meant to mock anyone, REALLY...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jetty-man,

    REALLY. Now don't fight here please...

    @ Anony-Uncle (or Aunt),

    We'd very much appreciate it if you threw some light on yourself. A name, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. horoscopes, loveology? what was it that u were editing anyway? and yes, facebook quizzes - they are the saviors of us distressed mortals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ L'ass francais,

    Yes, long live facebook and all its quizzes!

    The editing was exactly what I said, loveology and horoscopes... I was to be concerned not with the ultimate goal of the articles but with the way to this goal. (I didn't really care to find out)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice... What does the Love-O-Logy say about virgo? I'm just curious btw. ;)

    When you are finished with your "job" and end up rich, maybe then you could give me and the Mallu Marauder the long overdue chapo?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @karthik: since you don't have a blog.

    haddu??? Where did that come from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ The-Genuine-Maddu,

    Love-o-Logy says a lot about Virgo, which definitely can't be condensed into a comment! Ask me sometime else and then maybe I can peer into ur future as well! Yes, the chapo will come... when u are ready for it.

    @ The-Fake-Haddu,

    And you comment about me not being genuine! (refer Facebook Apps for more)

    ReplyDelete