Tuesday 23 February 2010

An Answer

Given my distaste for pure Math- alarming though it might sound keeping in view from where I hail - and my ungainly arithmetic skills, I find that linear equations are rather uncomplicated; it's just a matter of letting the variable vault the equality symbol. But these seemingly innocuous relationships get vile and vicious once you let more variables join in on the act, soon forming an utterly incomprehensible matrix of bedazzling coefficients and perplexing solutions. So one can only sympathize with my latest predicament, wherein an inexplicable urge preceding incomprehensible actions find me trying to solve the 'Puzzle of the World' by a set of mathematical relationships.

What drives a man? What decides his behaviour towards fellow human beings? What are values? Who decides them? Is there ever an ultimate objective? What is the adhesive which binds men to other men and other men to money... Money to men and society... What is the Force?

I tried repeatedly talking myself into believing that this latest undertaking is not as daunting as it is impossible, but simple observations have change these overtures. Psychoanalysis is definitely not my forte, but conceivably I have made few breakthroughs- to satisfy myself, at least. One may chastise a Mathematician for oversimplification of a problem, for grim disregard of certain stochastic factors which simply cannot be snubbed. But, I am no mathematician.

One variable. That's all it takes to define Man. Each person has a single motive which serves as a life-force, a guiding principle, an omnipotent decree - with an immense aftermath, Life. Men are fickle and emotions make their ephemeral transits through their mortal flesh, but an intricate mind places this life-motive on top of any priority triangle - the ultimate veto.

"Mind over matter" arises from this simple explanation of human behaviour. So does the concept of karma, because- unknown to you, you have already determined your future course of action that very day you actualized this guiding principle. Selfish interest somewhere underlies this personal gospel - as every man, at some level he is capable of, strives to be distinct from the rest and set himself apart by realizing an iconic mental representation of his future.

These motives are wide and varied ranging from fame and glory to riches, respect, ethics and work. Take a look around you and any keen eye will discover the one force which guides any single being. You take that away from him and there is nothing left. No man. Just an empty shell, a husk. Nuclear explosions cause less damage.

Any other emotion can be overcome by forgiveness and time, which after all is the great healer. But you wrong this... and who knows? Emotions can temporarily block out or pervert the effects of the Guiding motive. But, this is temporary. Every man desires to free himself of all these and see only that one light at the end of the tunnel and the means to it.

"An inexplicable flow of life-force consumed him, conquering every emotion he had dared to muster. He was free."

7 comments:

  1. Life, my friend is IMHO the most nonlinear chaotic problem that nature can pose. You arent twice as happy when you listen to two of your most favorite songs played together- proves that things arent as nice and linear as we'd like them to be.
    And plus it has several "complex" variables.

    Lock yourself up in your room and watch some 6 SuperStar's movies, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you got a couple of dassis in Mathematics back in the first year, you would be in Electrical or Electronics now and way too busy ghissing to make such posts. As it is, Chemical Enginnering seems to have addled your brains beyond the realms of human reckoning and powers of comprehension. Why worry when you have the greatest Maddu mathematician of the modern era and his staggering repertoire of analogies to help people connect with your heart?
    Way to go, Chief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid GTalk. I tend to disagree with your theory of "One Force to rule them all". Had we been goats and had goats been intelligent enough, maybe yes. Personally behind each action, I see masks and layers of motivation be it Vested Interests, Glory or just passion. These layers are stacked so that the upper layers build on primitive instincts provided by the lower ones.

    But seriously, what inspired you to come up with such a post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A multi-variable problem is always one that tests your character. But in the end, once the optimal solution is obtained, you feel proud!
    Life's like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Shaghav,
    What can I say? Oversimplification is my forte... And I achieve commendable results using this simple solution. I'll explain them to you in a less controversial environment.

    @ mK,
    His all but wonderful analogies alarm me! But yes, I've realized - I've been addled!

    @ Chronoz,
    As I said, Rand and Stumble-Upon, the latter with more profound effect on its day, can do such things to your head. But yes, I stand by this hypothesis!
    Your layers and layers of motives , when seen from top is just one flat single piece - the Ultimate Force.

    @ Anunaya,
    You might. I feel proud solving single variable problems as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a rigorous analysis on myself, I can only conclude that either I haven't discovered that central force ordering my every move or that your theory simply fails or can't be generalized. And since I have allowed myself more time to understand me, naturally your theory will get all the benefits of my patience. Simply put, till the time being, I'll not Veto it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post seems to have resulted as a consequence of having behavioral science and mathematics classes in succession during the first year.Either that or the realization that you guys were recently kicked out of Watch Out taking its toll on you. Either way, only an ed-in-c can combine math and philosophy and get away it!!:p

    ReplyDelete