Thursday 8 January 2009

Happy Birthday To You

Anirudh

My Blog,
www.konfessionsofageenius.blogspot.com,
The World Wide Web.

8 - 1 - 2009

Dear Blog,

Sub : Hearty Birthday Wishes

Happy birthday blog. Don't be surprised - today is your birthday. This is one thing we kept from you and I think now that the time has come for you to learn everything.

You were not born on the first of November, 2007. Instead you actually came into existance on the 8th on Jan the following year. Though others may believe that 'Of Soothsayers, Believers and Fools' marked your beginning, it was actually 'The Average Winter Day' which brought you into existance as it is indicated in the note following the P.P.S of the former. Read through patiently and you will understand everything.

'The Average Winter Day' was written on 8-1-08 and 'Soothsayers...' followed. However, due to some negligence on my part (of which I am ashamed) and some laziness (which I cannot help), some error in the dates crept in. I am unwilling to correct this error as of now due to some stupid sentimental reasons. Anyway, I am sorry if I have hurt you in any way.

I am also sorry if you feel that I have ignored you at any point of time. I try to make 1 post every month but as you know, sometimes this is not possible due to some of my prior commitments. I feel bad for you especially because I have been notified that some authors have been making 9 posts in one particular month! Well, I am sorry for not postingeven once in December but I promise you that I will NEVER make 9 posts in any particular month! (Maybe in three months; not even two) - By the way, this is the second for Jan. You had better note that down.

It has been one hell of a ride - this one year. You have stuck with me through thick and thin. You were with me when I braced for a 1.5 degree chill last year (and no doubt you will stick around this year too). You helped me face the wrath of the 10 registration cards; a daunting task had I been alone. As a reward of course, you have had the opportunity of sharing the lighter and happier moments of my life.

We have come through 365 days though it doesn't feel as many. Last year, this very evening I still remember making up the final draft of my first post. Yes, there were drafts those days; not the present day concept of "write + post in the same sitting"... It has been a bumpy ride or a sinusoidal wave (as HHH would put it) in terms of comments. We started with 0 and then up, down, up...  It doesn't really matter; though comments often motivate you to frequent this place more.

The year of 12 posts has finally come to a close. 12 is a good number. No? Anyway, that is how much I have managed. Maybe the next year will see more. (This counts as number 1 in those) I hope we see many more bloggiversaries like this. Cheers, have a great year!

Thanking you,

Yours in an 'Authorly' way,

Ani Arun

P.S. Same time, same place, last year - it was much colder. That's why I began to write in the first place - because it was too cold to do anything else.

P.P.S. I love P.P.Ss. Long time since I used them though.

P.P.P.S. Ditto

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday blog! You have undergone name changes, twice over I guess, have witnessed your author's dry lazy spells, his nightmare of a haircut and his worst Thomso. You truly are a veteran at the age of one!

    @ Kondy

    You... grrr (ferocious bald-headed Ghajini look)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy budday blog. If you happen to meet your cousin ctrlaltdela, convey my wishes. He turned two recently and I forgot all about it. Again.

    @Kondy
    Colder last year? Has the board outside the NIH showing the temperature and wind speed (and Colorado too) gone bust?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday blog.

    I missed my blog's birthday. In fact, I didn't. I consider November as the month when it was actually born.
    Hoping not to forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog replies (on behalf of author also):

    @ Muud

    I have not undergone any name changes, only my address has changed. About the dry lazy spells and the Thomso (though he found it enjoyable), I am inclined to agree with you but the Ghajini look - that was a masterpiece. Surely you utter such words out of pure jealousy... Thanks for saying good things about me though.

    @ Dela

    Hmmm. I surely will convey my wishes to him. But, I assure you that there never is a blog which would like it very much if you forget it's birthday. Twice, that too! And yes, I was informed that the NIH boards have conked but even then, one can clearly say that it has been a warmer winter this year. Until now.

    @ Vikesh

    Thank you. But please don't give such excuses next time. Your blog was pretty sad that time and was planning to leave you... We other blog - friends had to convince it to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Blog
    I'm your grand-dad blog. I'm not too sure about my birthday because my owner changes it every year depending on when he remembers to wish me. I think 12 is a respectable number for a year. Though as your gramps, I would like to see a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Grandpa,

    It's good to have many birthdays really. It comes as some sort of a surprise then. And I do hope to live up to those great 12+ expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy bday blog. 12 in a year isn't too impressive.you must chastise your owner for that.9 a month is crazy but >= 2 have to be squeezed out of his flat head every 2 fortnights.

    and kondy :P your blog was 366 days old on its bday 2008 was a leap year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much. I have expressed my feelings openly to him. Now, maybe he will improve.

    But why?? Why 'Kondy'?

    @ Murty

    Be glad you have spread the name throughout the country now! :)

    ReplyDelete